Hewlett Packard Enterprise
To engage and increase awareness within their existing customer base around the launch of a new software product, HPE Primera.
Our Big Idea
An innovative Direct Mail campaign using postcards that come to life through Augmented Reality. Using an A6 size postcard that would be sent to engage a targeted group of pre-existing HPE software customers, with 100 senior employees receiving the AR postcard.
- WebAR solution - no app download required
- AR activated via either QR code scan or unique URL visit
- Initial pre-roll webpage for users to select chosen experience e.g. mountains, beach, country
- Image tracking enabled so 2D video mirrors perspective of postcard
- Added value through custom Call-to-Action buttons that drive users to promotional microsite
“What we’ve created is an outstanding example of innovative WebAR marketing, ensuring that viewers don’t have to download an app to view the experience. Just like all of our campaigns, the viewer simply uses their smartphone to activate the experience in the mobile web browser.”
Michael Watson, Head of Digital Advertising
- Increased sales of HPE Primera product
- 55% engagement rate (QR code scans)
- 160% interaction rate (button taps within the experience)
- 41.18% click-through rate from within the experience to brand landing page
- 2min 25sec average dwell time
HPE were delighted with the results of this campaign, with a high interaction rate among postcard recipients and an extremely strong click-through rate as compared to other digital channels. The high dwell-time shows that users were engaging with the experience - and therefore the HPE brand. We’re already planning the next project - an A3 Printed Calendar project in AR.
Thinking about running your own campaign? Our friendly team would be happy to chat. Get in touch via website or email email@example.com to start the conversation!