Why You Need an Augmented Reality Marketing Strategy
January 21, 2021
With engagement rates consistently over 35%, Augmented Reality is gaining a lot of traction in the marketing world. Brands of all sizes are jumping at the opportunity to add Augmented Reality to their digital marketing strategies. They understand that customers want Augmented Reality and that it successfully turns that interest into conversions.
No App Required!
Augmented Reality marketing is more accessible to brands than ever before. Brands no longer have to create an app to provide an AR experience. Instead, they can use Web-based Augmented Reality—an app-less and headset-less technology. With Web-AR, consumers can use their device’s standard camera to view the digital elements in their real environment. Customers simply click on a link or point their camera at a QR code to activate the AR experience.
The app-less experience is more affordable to brands and much easier for customers to access. Brands no longer have to invest in an app. More so, brands no longer have to convince customers to open or even download an app to partake in their AR campaign. It’s a win-win situation where both brands and customers enjoy big benefits.
Increasing Customer Demand for AR
Customers like Augmented Reality so much, they are willing to PAY MORE for a product if they can experience it through Augmented Reality. A study conducted by Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing discovered that marketer’s dream-come-true as well as the following:
- 61% prefer stores that offer AR over those that don’t
- 68% said they’d spend more time at a retailer if they could shop with AR
- 40% would pay more for a product they could experience through AR
- 72% had purchased more items they had planned to because of AR
- 55% say AR makes shopping fun
- 45% like that AR saves them time
- 77% want to use AR to see product differences, like different colors or styles
- 41% use AR to find out about special promotions and deals
All of those percentages add up to one obvious truth: customers WANT Augmented Reality. But does the investment pay off for the brand? The simple answer is yes, but let’s take a look at some case studies to support that claim.
Augmented Reality Case Studies
We’ve already mentioned consistent engagement rates over 35%, but there’s other appealing analytics as well. Here’s a quick rundown of a few of our Augmented Reality case studies:
- Increased engagements from event print marketing material
- 42% AR engagement rate from print distribution
- 34% click-through rate
- 35sec average dwell time
- Over 2,000 applications
- 17K+ users
- 2.4M reach
- 8% conversion rate
- +500% increase in job applications
- Increased sales of ‘Wonderwest’ product line
- 39.25% click-through rate
- 50sec average dwell time
- Increased sales of HPE Primera product
- 41.18% click-through rate
- 2min 25sec average dwell time
Developing Your Augmented Reality Marketing Strategy
Your Augmented Reality marketing strategy can use several different methods, depending on what’s best for your brand and your goal:
- AR Out-of-Home Advertising
- AR Print Marketing
- AR Product Packaging
- AR E-Commerce
- AR Events & Conferences
To learn more about any of these Augmented Reality services, please contact Aircards today. As you’ve seen in our above case studies, we develop effective Augmented Reality campaigns with proven results.
Read next: 13 Examples of Augmented Reality Experiential Marketing (The most valuable kind of marketing there is!)